By David Hunter (put on this blog by his son)...a good son, husband, father, brother, and now grandpa. Love Haven, Madison, Corbyn, Brandon, and Gibson.















Prologue

My father wrote a book about his experience during the time of my grandmother's, his mother's, fall into anonymity of Alzheimer's. He gave me and others copies, and I thought it was wonderful. I believed it was a shame that he didn't have it made into a book at the time that could have been shared, but the cost was too much. Now with the current online media, I thought it would be great to share it here in this blog.

I took some liberty at naming the chapters, but the content is his. He is a solitary man and felt a little uneasy about putting this out here, but we agreed that if it could help one person, it would be worth it. I put the book on here in reverse order so that you can begin to read the entries and read it as if you were reading his book.

By putting this online and reading it again, I see how much my father has changed since writing this book. Life is change and though I may not agree with everything that he writes about during that time (mostly views on religion) neither does he now.

By reading this, I hope that one person can see that what they are going through or what they have been through, they are not alone. Here is the open, honest feelings of a son who dealt with his feelings and emotions during the spiraling of his mother due to the illness until her death.

I love my father, he's a good man. I say that to anyone who will listen, but you can read it here for yourself.

So here is the story of Francis Stiles Hunter's battle with Alzheimer's as seen through the eyes of her son, David Hunter.